Friday, July 22, 2011

Simple Table Runners

I love seasonal decor... I think it's because I get bored of the same decorations all the time. Plus, my mom always had different seasonal decor. So, I thought it would be fun to have a different table runner for each month.
I really love fabric, but I don't like some of the really "cheesy" stuff. I had a hard time with some of the months. I love this July fabric. Red, white and blue with stars... but also paisley.
For August, I opted for BBQ fabric... just seemed summery to me.

So, I have to tell you my little trick. I buy exactly a half a yard of the fabric. So, that makes my table runner 18"x45". I think it's a nice size. But, my trick is that it's two-sided... one side is July and the other side is August.

That way, I'm not "wasting" a piece of fabric on the back that will never be seen. I just try to pick two fabrics that can use the same color of ricrac. And I LOVE the big, giant ricrac.
I have kind of forgotten to take pics every month. But I thought I would show you March and April.
(And I kind of slacked and never made one for May and June... that's why I don't have a pic. I have super cute stuff for Sept. and Oct... so more happy sewing).