Then came the fun part. I really liked the pattern in the fabric. And I wanted to make a smaller coordinating pillow out of burlap. So, here is what I did.
- I enlarged the pattern on my copy machine. I think it was about 8x8.
- I traced the pattern onto freezer paper.
- I used an exacto knife and small scissors to cut out the pattern. ( I got lazy and just cut out the part that repeated.
- I ironed the freezer paper stencil onto the burlap and used a sponge brush to dab acrylic paint onto the burlap. (this is where the lazy part came in. I had to take the freezer paper off and turn it 4 times to get the repeating pattern. That seemed easier than cutting it out.)
- I heat set the paint on with the iron.
- I sewed the pillow using the same slip covered pillow tutorial.
Now my front porch has a cute set of matching pillows.
And I love the way they look on my yellow bench (scooters have been removed for the photo)
Maybe I don't hate sewing so much after all... I just hate sewing clothes!!!