Friday, February 25, 2011
So, I need your HELP! Where should I create a "gallery" for my layouts? Should I use an online photo gallery like Picasa or Flickr? Or should I use a scrapbooking gallery like Two Peas in a Bucket or Creating Keepsakes? I want to have a gallery where I display all of the pages that I create for all of you to see, but I'm not sure which would be the best place to display them!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
My brother built a huge shelf for my mom about a year ago. It was for her old house and was painted black. Well, it doesn't match in her new house, so a coat of primer and 4 coats of paint later, I finally got it white!
I've been busy spray painting candle holders, bookends, etc. to match her shelf. She also has a few fun antiques on it. And the fun part, was the "Believe" letters... (believe in what? I'm not sure, but she bought them several years ago and had never done anything with them... I like to think it's "Believe in God." That works for me.)
So, I traced the letters on patterned paper, cut it out, inked the edges, and mod podged it into the wood letters. Then I embellished with ribbons, buttons and crocheted flowers.
Mom loves them and that's the important thing!!!
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Thanks for you help,
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
See these jeans.... boring! (But comfortable)
Ta Da! Just a little stitching here and there and now they are my most comfortable pair of jeans that are much more in style!
Now that it is warming up, I may have to see what I can do with my most comfortable capris!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Whole Mushrooms (about 6 packages)
1 lb. country sausage
Turkey Stuffing mix
8 oz. cream cheese
Brown sausage. Add stuffing mix and the amount of water that the box recommends (do not add butter because of the sausage grease.) Add cream cheese and stir until melted. Spoon mixture into washed and de-stemmed mushrooms. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Friday, February 11, 2011
I added a little ric rac and that turned out cute. And yes, I know the owls are sideways, but that is all of the fabric that I had left over.
And I am just loving applique right now.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Along with this award, I am supposed to list eight things about myself. So here it goes......
1. I am a mom of 3 boys... I am the only daughter with 3 brothers... My husband comes from a family of 7 boys and 1 girl... We are a "boy" family.
2. I am a very simple gal... I prefer to wear t-shirts and jeans, I don't wear jewelry or accessorize at all.... kind of funny that I like to make accessories, I just don't like to wear them. The hat is a new accessory because I don't like my hair cut (see #7)
3. I don't listen to music... I find it to just be one more noise... I'd prefer total silence.
5. I have a bit of a temper...
7. I have to have a hair cut where I can tuck my hair behind my ears... it is too short to do that right now and drives me crazy!
8. I am super picky about my purses. have to have a purse that slings over my whole body... I don't want to hold it in my hand or carry it.... I also like it to have the perfect pockets. I had the perfect fossil purse and it fell apart... I bought a cheap replacement at Target, that only worked okay... My sister in law found me a super great Fossil purse for me at a consignment store and I bought a Relic purse at Kohls... I'm giddy with new purses!!!
I also get the opportunity to award a "stylish blogger award" to other sites I enjoy.
1. Nanny Goat ...Super cute ideas...
2. The Coffee Shop Blog... Free Photoshop Elements and photography tutorials.
3. Prepared not Scared... this is some ward blog that I happened across, but they have great games for kids.
4. Make it and Love it... the name says it all!
5. Studio Calico... I'm too cheap to buy their kits... wish I could... but I still love all of the inspiration!
6. U Create... who doesn't visit this blog often... always where I go to find inspiration.
7. Ana White... love all of her furniture plans... still haven't built anything yet, but I promise I will some day!
8. Maggie Homes... I always nominate Maggie! She used to be my neighbor and she is so cute and creative... I love her scrapbooking style (I scraplift her ideas all the time) and I love her photography!
To claim your award, save the "Stylish Blogger Award" to your desktop. Post eight things about yourself and give the award to eight other blogs you like.
(I'm just too cheap to spend money on cards at the store:)
I just simply used my heart punch to cut out scraps... I glued them on first, then sewed stitching through!!!
Friday, February 4, 2011
I made this adorable bunting to hang across my boring chalkboard...
It's always top priority to count down until summer break...
... and no classroom can be complete without a calendar. The dates are laminated and attached with velcro so that I can use different dates for each month. ( I have loved having a laminating machine at my disposal)
I used my Cricut a little, the old-style Ellison die cut machine at the school, and a pair of scissors to create all of these crafts! It was also a fun way to use some of my papers that I didn't think I would use on my scrapbook pages.
Thursday, February 3, 2011
With the wheat grinder, it was a piece of cake! All I had to do was scoop the wheat in and the machine did the work.
Look at this beautiful wheat flour!
I used this recipe from allrecipes.com. I love allrecipes.com. I love that people leave their reviews with their suggestions. I know there are a lot of other things you can add to your wheat bread that make it fabulous... like gluten. I did not have any on hand... and I made this bread on a whim. I even used more wheat flour than the recipe called for and it turned out fabulous!
Isn't it pretty? I totally want to have some as a snack right now!