Thursday, February 24, 2011

Patterned Paper Covered Wood Letters

Don't forget to vote for my new header!

-----------------------------------------------

My brother built a huge shelf for my mom about a year ago. It was for her old house and was painted black. Well, it doesn't match in her new house, so a coat of primer and 4 coats of paint later, I finally got it white!
I've been busy spray painting candle holders, bookends, etc. to match her shelf. She also has a few fun antiques on it. And the fun part, was the "Believe" letters... (believe in what? I'm not sure, but she bought them several years ago and had never done anything with them... I like to think it's "Believe in God." That works for me.)
So, I traced the letters on patterned paper, cut it out, inked the edges, and mod podged it into the wood letters. Then I embellished with ribbons, buttons and crocheted flowers.
Mom loves them and that's the important thing!!!
-Anisa