Wednesday, October 14, 2009

1 Craft 3 Ways: Little Monsters

I was a little nervous doing something with monsters for October. Not that I'm scared of them. ;) I couldn't think of anything to make that had to do with monsters. Until this morning. My kids and I were hurrying home from running errands so we could play with a little friend of ours. A playdate....hmmmm....(Can you hear the wheels starting to turn?) The light bulb went on-a way to get my craft done and entertain the kids. They would do my monsters for me! Brilliant!



First I had my son and his buddy each draw me a fairly large and simple monster. This is what I got:





Next, I opened my overflowing box of felt scraps and started cutting, sewing, and adjusting as needed.


Let me introduce you to Fire Dragon and Hem:


And Fire Dragon with Hah (Hem's other side):


The boys loved them. Using the kids art work to create crafts was such a fun way to capture their little imaginations for a long time!

Ang

I was so excited to do Monsters. I just recently bought monster bedding from Target for my little boy's room. But I hadn't gotten to the decorating part yet. So, I thought I'd do a little paper piecing.... It's not like I haven't done it before!

-Anisa


I've got a couple of monster projects going on at the moment, but this is what was done in time for our post today.
Do you remember those ATC cards I mentioned a bit ago, checking for interest? Well I found an excellent site that regularly does card swaps and I joined a few of them. This is my first card for the theme of Monsters. It's a baby monster's first portait. How nice it is to kill two birds with one stone!

I might toss another one of my monster-themed crafts onto the blog later this month, but in the mean time, come up with your own! October is an awesome month to immerse yourself in creepy-crawliness.

--C