Monday, January 3, 2011

Perler Bead Fun Fusion Party

Do you remember Perler Beads from when you were a kid? I remember when I worked in a day care just out of highschool that we made these all the time. Well, my 5 year old really loves them right now! His birthday was today and we thought it would be fun to have a Perler Bead party! I don't usually go all out on birthdays... I'd rather pay for them to go somewhere so that I don't have to do very much work. But I felt the need to have a little fun with this because, well.... it's not Star Wars, Batman, Harry Potter.... you get the idea.
For the invitations, we used patterned paper and made a frame on it. Then used glue dots to adhere a perler bead design on the front.
For Decor, we hung perler beads from a jute line across the light fixtures... it turned out so cute, I don't want to take it down!
We had a fun game of "pin the mouth on the octopus." We printed out a large Perler Bead template from their webite and used that for the game.
We printed out another picture for a birthday sign.
And even though I hate cake decorating, I made him a cake that looks like Perler Beads on the template.

And with the extra batter, we were able to make a few cupcakes which we decorated with... Perler Beads!
At the end of the day, I have to say, it was fun to be a little creative and think outside the box for his party! - Anisa