Sunday, May 13, 2012

Graduation Gift

It's that time of year.... Graduation!!!  Last week I had a couple of family members graduate from college. In a couple of weeks I have a family member graduating from High School.  Not to mention the most important... Preschool and Kindergarten graduation!

For the older bunch (high school and college) I found this idea at The Seasonal Home.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money... and you're really supposed to just give grads money... but since I had three, I thought it would be kind of lame to just give them a card with a few bucks in it.  So, my thoughts were, if the gift is creative, then it's okay if I'm cheap:)
I bought my umbrella at the $ Tree.  (I really wish the dollar store had cuter umbrellas). I tried to paper clip the money to the spokes of the umbrella but that didn't work.  So I just taped the money to the spokes (I guess those grads will have to earn their money taking the tape off the bills).  The tutorial I found online had them hanging from ribbon, I guess that would work too.
I found this cute tag at Oh the Lovely Things.  I have decided that there are so very many cute free printables out there that its quite a waste of my time to make my own:)  So, I just threw this into photoshop so I could add my own text.

Happy Graduation everyone!!!