Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Boys' Bathroom!

I have been so excited about this bathroom.  I have been wanting to re-do the boys' bathroom for a long time.  I had all of my plans... but I needed an excuse to do it.  Moving was a great excuse.
Let's start with an overall picture of the room... the colors make me smile:)
I found these free bathroom printables over at Over the Big Moon.  I just loved the simplicity of them.  I had to make a few adjustments because they didn't quite match the colors in my shower curtain.   I changed the colors in photoshop to what would work better for me.  Also, I wanted a little something different for the "wash" one and I found a cute old fashioned tub clipart that worked great!
 My oldest son was complaining that the toilet paper was too far away in the drawer, so I had to put a basket on the back of the toilet to store some extra rolls:)
 I found the shower curtain at my favorite store... Target.  I think it was part of the dorm stuff and it was on clearance for only $10.  It was perfect!
 We took the towel bar down and put up hooks... I love hooks for towels... who wants to take the time to fold a towel?  Plus the towel rack would only hold two towels and I have 3 boys.  I also really love the white towels at Walmart with the color stripe.  They are inexpensive and they come in many colors. And I really just like white towels better...
 My favorite part... and what I based the whole room on, was the scrabble wall...(the funny thing was that it was the last thing for me to finish).  I got the idea from this blog, but I can't quite figure out where the original link comes from.  I bought very thin wood at Home Depot... I think it's about 1/4"  The wood is 2.5" squares.  Then I painted it with acrylic paint and put the letters on in black vinyl.  To attach it to the wall, I used command strips.  Now that it's done, I kind of wish I would have added WIPE!