Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Gallery Wall

My living room doesn't have a lot of wall space.  There is a very large window on one wall and a very large entertainment center taking up the other wall.... and there are only two walls.  There is a very small wall next to the fire place where I put my half computer desk.  That was the only space I could use.

I had been really wanting to have a gallery wall somewhere in my house.  I'm kind of a hoarder when it comes to picture frames.  I buy them at yard sales just because I like them.  It was time to get them out of the closet and on the wall.  

I love the way it turned out!  It's a bit busy, but it works for me.  
 I took my inspiration from this post on Leanne Barlow Elle Aparel.  I loved the mix of vintage and new.  I loved adding the monogram.
When I got married, I loved cherry wood, so my wedding picture was framed with a beautiful cherry frame... it hasn't ever really matched my house well.  However, with the mixture of painted frames and vintage frames, the cherry fit in well.  I loved the silhouettes I had made for my house a few years ago.  And I just wanted to incorporate some family pics as well.    The monogram S is simply vinyl stuck on the wall in an empty frame.  I got the free "count your blessings" printable at Lil' Luna.  It's probably supposed to be for Thanksgiving, but I consider my family my blessings, so I want it up year round.

I love the way it turned out and I'm glad I finally got some of my frames up on the wall... now if I could just let myself stop buying frames:)