Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Toddler Tie

My boys looked so handsome on Easter wearing these ties...
About a month ago Lil Blue Boo had a free toddler tie download. All you have to do is "like" Lil Blue Boo on facebook. (I'm not sure if you can still do this, I hope so.) So, my friend Haley and I decided to make ties for our boys. They were much easier than I expected. The pattern has step by step pictures. It's really easy to follow. However, here are a few tips:

  • The tie fits a 4-5 year old best. (I had to cut it down a little for my two year old and add a little for my 7 year old.... and it was still a little small for my 7 year old.)
  • The tie takes a fat quarter to make... not too much fabric.
  • Use light (not heavy) interfacing. (I used heavy interfacing on one of my ties and it's as stiff as a board;)
All in all, they turned out super cute.... Getting them to wear them... now that's a different story:)