Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Still Alive and Crafting

I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. I am still alive and crafting. I'm just busy having a nice summer too. And I haven't had much time to post on my craft blog. I've actually been as busy as ever crafting. I wake up early in the morning and exercise... then I scrapbook or craft until the kids wake up. I have been busily working on my two oldest boy's school scrapbooks. I also made some fun crafts for our family reunion. I will post those soon, I promise. But, for now, I thought I'd post a few simple crafts.

This one is way late, I know. It's a simple 4th of July craft made out of just 2x4's. I don't feel like it needs a tutorial because it's really quite simple. This was a craft that we made for Relief Society. I took mine home and did an little extra sanding, staining and distressing:)My two year old (almost 3) has given up his love of Elmo for Batman... he is growing up so fast. He has one pair of batman jammies that he'd wear every night... except they are often in the dirty clothes. He wears them almost all day too (if I let him). He was in desperate need of a batman t-shirt. I know I could have bought him one... and I'm sure I will for his 3rd birthday next month. But I found this old gray muscle shirt in a storage box and thought it would be a great batman shirt. It's just a simple applique. I printed the graphic off the internet. Traced it on wonder under. Then I ironed on the yellow first, then the black separately. I then stitched around each layer on the sewing machine with black thread.
Super easy, super cute and he LOVES it!!!
Can I just freeze him in time? Honestly, aside from his occasional naughtiness, he is soooo cute right now:)

-Anisa