Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Now that's a wrap... my first doily project:)

I have a lot of home decorating ideas involving my doilies... that I've pinned. But I thought I'd start with something simple. My little boy's kindergarten teacher is out for 2 weeks because of a bad knee. So, we thought we'd get her a get well gift. I picked up some tulips at Lowe's. I didn't want to spend the extra money to buy a really nice pot... plus they are meant to be planted outside, so I thought I'd wrap the pot with one of my new doilies.
I had the boys help hold the doily up around the pot while I tied the ribbon on. Then I secured the ribbon to the pot with some glue dots. I tied a few extra ribbons to the front and made a cute little flag to go in the pot.
I think it turned out really cute. Now, if I could just get it to her before the flowers dry up and lose their petals;)