Saturday, May 24, 2014

Grad Gift with Free Printable {Pizza Dough}

I am always looking for a creative idea for Grad gifts... I'm at that age where a lot of my nieces and nephews are graduating from high school.  Last year I did this... and the year before I did this...

This year I came across this link on Pinterest.  The link just goes to a jpeg... and it's a Christmas gift, but I took the idea and ran with it.

 I went to my local pizza store and asked for a box... the girl didn't want to give it to me, but finally did.  I turned the pizza box inside out because I really just wanted the outside to be the neutral tan color.  

I made this free printable... (link here).  I just found free clipart online and added text in photoshop.
When you open the box, you find pizza "dough" made out of dollar bills (I'm cheap) and pepperoni that is quarters.  I folded the bills into triangles to make it look more like pizza. Then just rolled up scotch tape and taped it to the box.

 On the inside of the lid, we glued a yellow paper to cover the box top and wrote our message on it.
That's it... easy peasy... except maybe folding the bills.