(I also have a delicious recipe for buttermilk waffles and buttermilk syrup... buttermilk is always in my fridge!)
* 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 3 eggs
* 1 2/3 cups
* 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup cornmeal
* 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine the eggs and milk. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture.
2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.