Saturday, March 26, 2011

T-shirt Refashions

I ordered this cute hat on A Side of Peaches a few months ago for our family pictures. The funny thing is that the hat didn't show up in the mail until 2 days after our pictures! So I didn't even get to use it! However, I based our family pictures on the colors that I thought were in the hat... not the colors that were actually in the hat (it looked totally different when I ordered it online). Anyway, I didn't have anything in these colors, so I went to Target to see if I could find something to match this hat.
I found these two plain t-shirts. Now, I'm a t-shirt kind of gal, but I like them to have a little something... maybe a ruffle or something. They've been sitting in my closet for a few months and I don't wear them because they are.... boring.
So, first up is the yellow one. I saw this idea on Icandy. Totally cute! I stole some lace from my mom's stash. I didn't follow the tutorial on Icandy... I just pinned mine on and sewed it. It's all the same, right?

2nd up was the purple one. I loved this idea from Less Cake {More Frosting}.... I even loved the colors. I used my Cricut and the Storybook cartridge to cut out my freezer paper.
And now I have two totally cute t-shirts to wear with my super cute hat!
I'm sure I'll be wearing my hat a lot this summer!
-Anisa